In recent years increased demand for extruded seamless tubing, particularly from stainless steel, nickel and titanium has increased the demand for high integrity tubing having a totally uniform, homogenous metallurgical structure. This is achieved by single-zone and multi-zone heating systems.
Banyard Vertical Steel Induction (VSI) systems have been designed for the precision vertical induction heating of solid or pierced billets:-
- Billet diameters over the range 150mm to 460mm
- Billet lengths 300mm to 1500mm
Banyard also offers customers extensive electrical and mechanical handling expertise, able to deliver complete turnkey solutions including the following:-
- Billet Up-Enders / Vertical Lift Units
- Billet Transfer Ramps / Conveyors
- Billet heating in controlled atmosphere systems to minimise unwanted oxidation
- High circumferential temperature accuracy and repeatability. i.e. better temperature distribution
- Ability to process billets from different materials with minimum oxidation and scale. Full range of Austenitic, Nickel alloy, Duplex stainless steels, Titanium and its alloys and Zirconium.
- No billet sticking and no glass lubricant build-up
- Single-zone systems with automated coil tap variations for different billet lengths giving the ability to vary the temperature profile along the billet length
- Multi-zone systems with zone control and switching for different billet lengths giving the ability to vary the temperature profile along the billet length